Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Much better

Already this week has been so much better than last week (and the week before). Easier reading, shorter MAGG, and beautiful weather. On Monday we got ice cream from an ice cream truck (my first ice cream in London!) and read under a tree in the park.

Yesterday four of us dyed our hair green for St. Patrick's Day. It was spray-on, wash-out dye we got at a store called Preposterous Presents. We used a washcloth to protect our faces and took turns spraying each other and combing the dye into our hair. It smelled really strongly, and Eri and Steve started feeling funny. My comb turned green. Instead of doing his hair, Dan did his beard. It looked so funny. Steve had most of his hair done, and Eri and I did streaks. It turned out pretty well on all of us. (See pictures on Dan's blog, and on my Facebook eventually.)

Our friends' reactions were great, ranging from shock to amusement. Some people loved it, some seemed horrified, and it took some a while to even notice. The best part was going out to the Tate Britain and getting weird looks from strangers. Some smiled; some just stared. A schoolgirl said scornfully to Steve, "Oh my god, you have grass in your hair!" It was great.

That evening we watched the Fox and the Hound, since we hadn't done our weekly Disney movie last Sunday. And today Eri and I are done with MAGing for the week, and I've finished my reading. So I'm free! We might play tennis later; it's another lovely day. Life is fun again. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! It sounds like your trip is really crazy... =)

    ReplyDelete