Saturday, January 17, 2009

On the plane

Note: Most of these posts will be paraphrases from my journal, like this one, written on the plane.

My journey to London has begun. The plane took off about an hour and a half ago, and here we are, flying, probably over the Atlantic now. It’s been a strange day—frantic, last-minute packing, saying goodbye to everyone, leaving in a hurry, then a sudden slow-down when the three-hour drive started. We arrived at Newark early, around 5:45. I was feeling dazed by that time, so after lugging one of my suitcases through part of the airport, I was very relieved to see the familiar faces of some of the Londoners. After check-in, I said goodbye to Mom, which was sad, and went through security. We sat around there for a few hours, talking and eating, before boarding the plane. I tried to sleep after eating and watching a movie, but it was just too uncomfortable. Finally I dropped off, only to be awoken by the announcement that the plane was beginning its descent and we would be landing in about an hour. After that I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment