Thursday, January 29, 2009

My last day of freedom . . .

Sunday, January 18

I wanted to take advantage of my last day before the schoolwork started, so I decided to go to Kensington to see the hotel where my mom, sisters and I stayed when we were here in 2005. I found a friend, Lizzy, to go with me, and we managed to navigate the tube on our own for the first time and make it to the hotel. After peering into the window and taking a photo, we and saw Kensington Palace, since we were in the area.

Somewhere else I’d been wanting to go to was the Tower Bridge, so next we went there, stopping at a thrift store on the way. We walked across the bridge and saw the Tower of London as well; it was evening then so it was closed, but it was cool to see it at night.

We were adventurous and bought a bag of roasted chestnuts by the Tower. They weren’t my favorite, but since I was hungry I ate them.

It was a fun last-day-of-freedom. The next morning we had our first plenary session . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment