Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So . . .

I can't believe the program is almost over! Less than two weeks left . . . It will be such a relief to be done, but it's going to be sad too. I'll miss London, and I'll miss my friends. For now, though, I'm just enjoying the time I have left. Today was great--short reading, short MAG, and beautiful weather. I read and wrote in the park for a while, then came back for dinner, which was chili--a good meal! And dessert was chocolate cake. So perfect. After dinner we watched On the Waterfront. We'd seen the play last week; both were good, although done very differently.

Earlier this week--on Monday, to be exact--we went to the Imperial War Museum. It deserves a mention just because it was such a hard experience. Utterly emotionally draining. Seeing the devastation caused by the war, the stories of the men who died and the people who were left behind . . . and then there was the holocaust exhibition, which was equally trying. It was painful. It was sad. Overall a pretty depressing day.

Anyway. I just wanted to let you all know what's going on. That's all for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tab,

    Thanks for sharing your experience of the Imperial War Museum so articulately.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tababs-

    i can't believe that was two weeks ago. it seems like only 2 days ago! but we're done! yay us! the imperial war museum was insane, but i think we all needed to see it. but it definitely made me sad.

    ReplyDelete